Every so often, I drop off list of things I’m loving as a way to show you who I am. If I were looking for a professional wedding officiant, I’d want to know who that person is, what they like, what makes them who they are. So with that in mind, here are some things I’m loving right now!Read More
Every so often I share with you a list of things I’m loving. I think it’s a fun way for you to get to know me better and see what my life is like.
I’m loving this super easy meal. If you want to impress your guests but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, use this recipe. It’s a serious crowd pleaser!
Oh my god, you guys, we got a new cat! As many of you know from previous posts about me, I'm a bonafide crazy cat lady. I love everything cat and have cat bags, cat socks, cat mugs, cat tea towels, cat picture frames, cat magnets...you get the idea. My cats even have their own Instagram account! So, it's with absolute delight that I introduce you to our newest furry kitty, Sammy!
We rescued Sammy from Another Chance Animal Rescue in North Berwick, Maine. He had been in the shelter system for over a month and was patiently waiting to get picked. My friend, Bree (another wicked cat lady) shared photos of Sammy on Facebook and I instantly fell in love! In fact, my husband and I were planning to get a kitten in the spring, but when I saw Sammy and felt this deep connection we knew we had to meet him. He joins big brother Felix and sister Bean to round out our trio of kitties!
So, without further ado, here is our new ginger kitty, Sammy the Cat!
Leave a comment and tell me just how handsome you think Sammy is! :)
Here's another installment of Things I'm Loving! It's March, which means I'm starting to get excited about spring! The sun is higher in the sky each day, and I can't tell you the joy that brings me. Winter is ok, but summer in Maine is the BEST! And, not just because of lobster (see above), beach days, family BBQs, scenic hikes and gardening, but because it's wedding season. Wohooo! I. Can't. Wait!
- This kitchen gadget. I bought it but haven't used it yet.
- I made these and they were so crunchy and yummy! I used a different recipe, but same result.
- I basically live in these. They're sooo comfy.
- I'm having a renewed love affair with these. I especially like them when they're stale.
- This board makes me so happy that I live where I do.
- I'm binge-watching this show on Netflix, and it's inspiring me to try things I've never done (see #2 above).
- I just planted a bunch of these.
- This article, which makes my mouth water.
- I got a pair of these for free and they're so warm and cozy.
- This week. The whole thing!
This edition of Things I'm Loving is devoted to cats. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a bonafide crazy cat lady. In fact, a dear friend of mine just told me I'm her favorite cat lady! My cats have their own Instagram account, where they share their Maine cat life. I'm the person people think of when they see anything cat - videos, blog posts, clothing, books - you get the idea. So, here you go, a bunch of cat-related things I'm loving.
- These socks I just got for Christmas (from aforementioned friend)
- This Pinterest board (yes, it's mine!)
- Pretty much the greatest thing ever
- This notepad, which I don't have, but I have the tote bag with this same graphic
- I follow these kitties and these kitties on Facebook
- This tote bag, although mine is light green
- This cat video is so sweet it makes me smile
- There are no words to describe how badly I want these magnets!
- Visiting this place is on my cat-bucket-list
- This t-shirt, which I actually own and wear often
- I laughed for days and days at this photo
- Pretty sure this is my favorite cat video
- If all goes well, I'll be visiting this place in January!
- I'm so in love with this "problem child" cat
- This live feed that I sometimes watch when I need to say "awwwww!"
i love this pink song (above in the video) featuring nate ruess from fun. i especially love that pink's real-life husband carey hart stars in the video. the story behind the song is the story behind their marriage. it may sound silly but pink and carey were married in costa rica the same month and year that i got married (January 2006). when i heard they split up the first time i was a little sad just knowing that they had only been together as long as we had. i'm so glad they got back together and had a sweet little daughter! i'm such a huge fan of marriage and making it work. it was so nice to see a hollywood couple going to therapy and sticking together. yay for marriage!