I recently received a newsletter Jazz Notes from Standard Issue. What to my wondering eyes should I see at the end of the newsletter? Just 459 songs from the Great American Songbook! I knew right away I'd have to share this with you all. Thanks, Standard Issue for the list!Read More
oh man, you've got to see this. if you're like me and you've seen dirty dancing a gajillion times, you're gonna wanna watch this sweet video. there's nothing else to say. no one puts baby in the corner.
the other night a bride and groom explained that they were looking for just the right song for a teenaged family member to sing during their ceremony. a challenge? i think so! my husband and i spent about four hours on youtube and itunes trying to find interesting and original songs that would work for them. i realized that they would also be great first dance songs. here they are (and a few others). let me know what you think!
- Little River Band: Reminiscing
- Jack Johnson: Better Together
- Ben Harper: When She Believes
- Amy Grant: Say Once More
- Bruno Mars: Just the Way You Are
- George Strait: I Cross My Heart
- Train: Marry Me
- Dawes: Love is All I Am
- Natalie Cole: This Will Be
- IZ: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Paul McCartney & Wings: Silly Love Song
- Old Crow Medicine Show: Wagon Wheel
- Jay Ungar & Molly Mason: The Lovers' Waltz
- Jason Mraz I Won't Give Up
any suggestions for this list? leave them in the comments or email them to me at hi @ asweetstart dot com.
here are a few more traditional songs listed on the martha stewart weddings site.