You must be looking for place to elope in Maine! You’ve come to the right place. There are so many picturesque places to get married here: on a sailboat, in a chapel, on the beach, on a rooftop…the venues are endless. Since elopements come in all shapes and sizes I wanted to share some spots for whatever kind of elopement you’re having. For example, “an elopement” could mean an intimate wedding with less than 20 guests – also referred to as a micro wedding – or it could mean: “Let’s get married tomorrow with just two witnesses!” Whatever you’re planning you’re sure to find just the right spot to elope in Maine!
The following list includes a mix of both types of venues – larger ones for a micro wedding and small ones for just you and your witnesses – where you can elope in our great beautiful State!
Best Places to Elope in Maine
Southern Maine Area
- Hidden Pond Although I tried to stay away from large Maine wedding venues for this blog post, I’m adding Hidden Pond because of its amazing Potter’s Shed, which can hold a small wedding party. Here’s an elopement I officiated at Hidden Pond where you can see pictures of the Shed.
- Portland Headlight & Fort Williams Park A genuine lighthouse right on the water in Portland, Maine’s biggest city. If you have more than 20 guests you must fill out an application.
- State of Maine Room at Portland City Hall Perfect for a small wedding as you can get married and have your reception in the same room. Good for winter weddings, too!
- Penthouse Suite at the Press Hotel Perfect for a micro wedding or elopement of less than 20 people. The suite has s a rooftop deck with pano views of the city. Amazing!
- The Harbor Room at RiRa Beautifully decorated room on the harbor with water views and a fireplace. Great for winter/indoor weddings.
- The Park at Ocean Gateway A lovely little strip of grass ON the water in downtown Portland. What could be better?
- Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse How cute is this little lighthouse?
- Kettle Cove and Crescent Beach Hiking trails and a sandy beach, perfect little elopement spot in the Portland area.
- Mackworth Island is a real island in Casco Bay just off Falmouth, Maine. If you’re into hiking, this would be the perfect place to elope!
- Camden Amphitheater A grassy, tiered amphitheater in the middle of downtown Camden, one of Maine’s most charming villages. Look for the super dramatic staircase coming out of the library!
- Vesper Hill Children’s Chapel Also in Camden and atop a small hill sits a covered, outdoor chapel perfect for a tiny wedding or elopement
- Pemaquid Lighthouse Nothing is more quintessential than a Maine lighthouse elopement! Any event there requires an application and fee so contact the Bristol, Maine parks department
- Reid State Park in coastal Georgetown, Maine. Who wouldn’t want to get married on the beach in Maine? Call the Park directly for details on getting married on the beach (Insider Tip: choose Half Mile Beach for a less crowded experience – especially in the height of summer)
- Johnson Field Preserve at Mackerel Cove on Bailey’s Island. Want to get married with fishing boats in the background? Bonus, have your intimate reception at the Bailey Island Library, just up the hill.
- Schooner, Windjammer or Sailboat Maine is full of old wooden schooners so you have many to choose from. Some of my favorites are: Frances, J.&E. Riggin, Appledore, and Calendar Island Sailing
Central and Western Maine Areas
- North Star Orchards in Madison, Maine. I officiated a wedding here and wow, what a view!
- Artist’s Covered Bridge Can you imagine a more romantic sport for your Maine elopement than an authentic covered bridge near Sunday River in the mountains of western Maine? Reservations are required but it’s always open to the public, so you don’t get exclusive use
- Jordan Pond A trip to Maine isn’t complete without a visit to Acadia National Park, so why not plan your elopement there, too!? You need a special use permit, call (207) 288-8793 for more info
Other Place to Elope in Maine
- Small Wedding Ceremony Venues in Portland
- Any Maine Inn or Bed & Breakfast
- Any Maine Barn Wedding Venue
- Any Maine Wedding Venue
I’m a wedding officiant available for your Maine elopement or small wedding.
Small Maine Wedding Ceremony Spots