Are you getting married somewhere between Freeport and Camden? If so, you're going to need lodging options for your out-of-town guests, maybe even for you, if you're having a destination Maine wedding. While hotels are easy to come by in Portland, they're harder to find along the coastline and in the smaller coastal towns.
I’m going to make your life so much easier by giving you many of the lodging options that exist in this part of Maine. If you’re looking for places to stay in Midcoast Maine, this is the post for you! Whether you’re looking for hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, or inns, you’ll find what you need in this blog post.
I’m a Maine wedding officiant who blogs for couples getting married and especially for couples getting married in Maine. Because I live in Maine, I’ve never stayed at any of the following places, unless noted. I’m providing this as a resource for you, not as an endorsement. Carefully reads all reviews and make an informed decision on where to have your guests stay during your wedding. I tried to only include venues with a 4-star rating or higher.
Places to stay in Freeport
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Best Western Freeport Inn
- Kendall Tavern B&B Owners, Nancy and Mark are wonderful and the rooms are clean and beautiful.
- Harraseeket Inn
- Quality Suites
- Holiday Inn Express
- James Place Inn
Places to stay in Brunswick
- The Daniel I’ve been here many times for meetings, lunches or just for drinks. Great staff and always very clean.
- The Brunswick Inn Was there for a wedding reception once. Very charming and right downtown.
- The Brunswick Hotel & Tavern I’ve only eaten lunch here but it seemed modern, updated and clean.
- Best Western Plus
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Days Inn
- Black Lantern B&B
Places to stay in Bath and Surrounding Area
- Hampton Inn Walking distance to downtown restaurants, pubs and shopping.
- Kennebec Inn B&B
- The Inn at Bath
- Residence Inn (build in 2016)
- Pryor House B&B
- Benjamin F. Packard House B&B
- Mulberry House (yes, it’s purple!)
- The 1774 Inn Also available for weddings!
Places to stay in Edgecomb + Wiscasset
- Wiscasset Woods Lodge New owner (as of 2015), Saundra, is wonderful. She and her husband have worked very hard to bring this classic lodge back to life.
- Cod Cove Inn One of the only inns with multiple rooms in this part of the coast so it books up quickly!
- Snow Squall Inn
- Squire Tarbox Inn
- The Marston House
I’m skipping Boothbay and Boothbay Harbor because there are so many places to stay. If you’re having your wedding in Boothbay or Boothbay Harbor, just Google accommodations in Boothbay Harbor. You’ll be overwhelmed (in a good way) with choices!
Places to stay in Newcastle + Damariscotta + Nobleboro
- Newcastle Inn
- Mill Pond Inn
- The Down Easter Inn
- Oak Gables Fun fact: guests for my wedding stayed here!
- Alewives and Ales B&B
- The Tipsy Butler
Places to stay on the Pemaquid Peninsula
Places to stay in Waldoboro
- Tops’l Farm They host weddings, have a fabulous barn and offer glamping!
- Moody’s Motel Self-proclaimed “no frills”
- Le Vatout
- Spinnacres Farm
- Bungalow with a View - Airbnb of Maine wedding caterer Laura Cabot
Places to stay in Thomaston + Rockland + Rockport
- Berry Manor Inn Amazing reviews!
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- 250 Main Hotel
- Rockland Harbor Hotel
- Samoset Resort
- Ledges by the Bay Economical choice
- Island View Inn
- Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn
- Glen Cove Inn & Suites
- Old Granite Inn Nick and I stay here at least once a year. Great breakfasts and charming rooms.
- The Lindsey Hotel
- Claddagh Motel & Suites
- Limerock Inn
- Rockland Talbot House
- Country Inn
- Ripples Inn at the Harbor
Places to stay in Camden (4.5 stars or better)
- 16 Bay View Lovely boutique hotel right in downtown Camden. Check out the rooftop!!
- Hartstone Inn & Hideaway
- The Inn at Camden Place
- Cedar Crest Inn
- Towne Motel
- Lord Camden Inn
- Grand Harbor Inn
- The High Tide Inn
- Birchwood Lodge and Farmette Great owners!
- Beloin’s on the Coast
- Hawthorn Inn B&B
- Blue Harbor House Inn
- Blackberry Inn
- The Lodge at Camden Hills
- Elms of Camden
- Camden Winward House
- Norumbega Inn
- Belmont Inn
- Timbercliffe Cottage
- Swan House
- Cedarholm Garden Bay Inn
- A Little Dream B&B
- Abigail’s Inn
- Castleview by the Sea
Places to Stay in Lincolnville + Northport
Fine Print: I hope you find this list helpful. I want to reiterate that I don’t have personal experience with all of these hotels, motels, inns and lodges, so book with them at your own discretion. A Sweet Start takes no responsibility or any liability for your stay with any of the venues on this list.