When Brittany and Alex told me they were having an outdoor wedding ceremony, I did what I always do and said “That’s awesome! Let’s also plan a backup plan and location in case of bad weather.” What I don’t always consider is that the bad weather might be a hurricane! It turned out one was rolling into Maine on Brittany and Alex’s wedding weekend. You’d never know it by looking at the photos below, would you?
This is what I wrote on Facebook the day of their wedding:
You know when a hurricane is scheduled to come through on wedding day? And then it doesn’t, and instead the warm sun pokes through the cloudy sky? And it feels like it was all meant to be? Yeah, that’s how it felt for Brittany and Alex’s wedding!
I must say, the wonderful turn in the weather couldn’t have happened to a nicer couple! If anyone deserved a gorgeous outdoor wedding just up the hill from where they got engaged, it was Alex and Brittany. I adore these two, and not just because they gave me an awesome thank you gift (one of those Love is the Maine Ingredient mugs I’ve been wanting for years)!
Please enjoy their wedding photos and scroll to the bottom to see their awesome wedding vendor team!
- Officiant: A Sweet Start (that’s me!)
- Accommodations: Hotel Pemaquid, Bradley Inn, Airbnb
- Bakery: Barn Door Baking
- Bar Service Provider: The Contented Sole
- Bridal Boutique: Unknown
- Caterer: The Contented Sole
- Ceremony Venue: Fort William Henry in Bristol, Maine
- Ceremony Music: Dionne Entertainment – DJ Marcel
- Design and Styling: n/a
- Dress: BHLDN
- Favors: Unknown
- Florist: Blue Cloud Farm
- Groom’s Outfit: Men’s Warehouse
- Hair: Jennifer Desautels
- Lighting: n/a
- Makeup: Rochelle Rosenthal
- Photographer: Rachel Campbell Photography
- Planner: n/a
- Reception Music: Dionne Entertainment – DJ Marcel
- Reception Venue: The Contented Sole
- Rentals: Atlantic Tent Company
- Rings: BenchCraft Jewelers
- Stationery: DIY (Combo of Etsy & MOO)
- Transportation: Sterling Transportation
- Videographer: Better Half Productions