Have you been to Cliff House Maine? It’s a stunning resort and coastal Maine wedding venue built upon a rocky cliff overlooking the wide Atlantic Ocean. To say the vista is beautiful is an understatement, because this place will blow you away. The wedding ceremony spot, on a bluff looking out to sea, is a perfect place to start your marriage journey. No, this isn’t an ad for Cliff House Maine. This is:
Lauren and Michael’s coastal Maine wedding!
On a blustery September afternoon, in front a handful of the most important people in their lives, Lauren and Michael stood in front of a be huppah dripping with flowers and declared their love for one another. After five years of love, life and – yes – some challenges, these two finally tied the knot. And, when I say “finally” I really mean it. They had originally planned to get married in May, but had to move their wedding to September when the pandemic hit.
I’m sure the strain of having to re-plan a whole wedding was lessened because Lauren and Michael worked with one of the best Maine wedding planning teams: Pinch Me Planning. They’re always such a joy to work with! I’d also be remiss if I didn’t give a shout out to Lauren and Michael’s wedding photographer team: Amanda and Cole from The Libbys Photo and Films, who you might remember from their creative and nautical coastal Maine wedding. Incredibly talented and kind-hearted folks!
What a Sweet Moment
One of the sweetest moments of this wedding ceremony came at the very end when I reminded the guests that Lauren and Michael had signed their ketubah in May, on their original wedding date. To make their guests feel included in that intimate celebration, I shared some of the sentiment of the marriage contract the happy couple signed.
As beloveds and friends, Lauren and Michael have chosen to walk life’s path together. They will value their differences and unique perspectives as a source of richness and build their life together as equal and supportive companions. Hand in hand, they will celebrate life’s majestic splendor, and brace each other through its valleys and storms. They will be slow to anger and quick to forgive.
Isn’t that lovely? What a way to end an emotional and meaningful wedding ceremony!
Scroll down to see all the beautiful images from this coastal Maine wedding ceremony and the wedding professionals who helped bring this special day to life.
- Officiant: A Sweet Start (that’s me!)
- Accommodations: Cliff House Maine
- Bakery: Holy Donut and Let Them Eat Cake
- Bar Service Provider: Cliff House Maine
- Bridal Boutique: Alexandra’s Bridal Boutique, Fall River, MA
- Caterer: Cliff House Maine
- Ceremony Musician(s): Keros Entertainment
- Dress Designer: Pronovias
- Favors: unknown
- Florist: Jardiniere Flowers
- Groom’s Outfit (designer and/or shop): Bonobos
- Groomsmen Outfit: The Black Tux
- Hair Stylist: Jessica Candage Glam Artist
- Lighting: HOTMESS
- Makeup Artist: Jessica Candage Glam Artist
- Photographer: The Libbys Photo and Films
- Planner or Day-Of Coordinator: Pinch Me planning
- Reception Musician(s): HOTMESS
- Reception Venue: Cliff House Maine
- Rentals: Exeter Events and Tents (aka Sperry Tents Seacoast)
- Rings: Carat Concierge, Boston, MA
- Stationery: Basic Invite
- Transportation: Ogunquit Trolley Company
- Videographer: Yours Truly Media