Are you getting married near Portland, Maine? If so, and if your wedding venue doesn't have the right space for it, you probably need to find a location for your rehearsal dinner. If you're getting married in Maine and you don't live here, knowing where to host your rehearsal dinner might be a challenge. So, I've gathered a list of restaurants in Portland, Maine, where you can host a gathering for your guests after your wedding rehearsal. Some of these have private dining rooms, while others have space for a big group in their restaurant.
I've added descriptions to the ones I've actually visited. Restaurants without a description have either been recommended to me or have a great reputation.
Restaurants in Portland Maine with Private Dining Rooms
- RiRa Portland - The private dining room, Harbor Room, upstairs has great light, is filled with charm an looks out over the harbor.
- TIQA - Beautiful private dining room that's decorated with mediterranean charm.
- Five Fifty-Five - Unique mezzanine dining room upstairs offers privacy for a small gathering. I officiated a small wedding upstairs at 555.
- Grace Restaurant - I haven't been there yet, but it's in a converted church and has a mezzanine and a large central bar
- DiMillo's on the Water - It's a floating restaurant so it's as close to the water as you can get.
- Boone's Fish House - Haven't been here yet...
- Back Bay Grill - Haven't been here yet...
- David's - Haven't been here yet...
- Bar Lola - Haven't been here yet...
- Caiola's - Haven't been here yet...
large Restaurants in Portland Maine
- Local 188 - The food is excellent and the drinks are yummy. Just so you know, it can be loud, as it's an open-concept restaurant.
- Flatbread Company - Good for a very casual rehearsal dinner (kids welcome!) and it's right on the water!
- Union Restaurant - Elegant, unique, modern decor and the food is supposed to be amazing. Good for a small party.
- Top of the East - The most dramatic views of the entire city. I'm pretty sure the entire rooftop lounge can be rented out.
Small Rehearsal Dinner Venues in Portland, Maine
- Union - In the Press Hotel with a one of Portland's best chefs
- Fore Street - Incredible food!
- Tempo Dulu - In the gorgeous Danforth Inn, where I officiated a sweet elopement
- Emilitsa - Amazing Greek food with authentic Greek wines
- Walter's - Haven't been here yet...
- Scales Supposed to be amazing seafood.
- Vinland - Haven't been here yet...