the other night a bride and groom explained that they were looking for just the right song for a teenaged family member to sing during their ceremony. a challenge? i think so! my husband and i spent about four hours on youtube and itunes trying to find interesting and original songs that would work for them. i realized that they would also be great first dance songs. here they are (and a few others). let me know what you think!
- Little River Band: Reminiscing
- Jack Johnson: Better Together
- Ben Harper: When She Believes
- Amy Grant: Say Once More
- Bruno Mars: Just the Way You Are
- George Strait: I Cross My Heart
- Train: Marry Me
- Dawes: Love is All I Am
- Natalie Cole: This Will Be
- IZ: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Paul McCartney & Wings: Silly Love Song
- Old Crow Medicine Show: Wagon Wheel
- Jay Ungar & Molly Mason: The Lovers' Waltz
- Jason Mraz I Won't Give Up
any suggestions for this list? leave them in the comments or email them to me at hi @ asweetstart dot com.
here are a few more traditional songs listed on the martha stewart weddings site.