This past weekend was amazing. I performed Jen and Matt's wedding on the windjammer FRANCES out on Casco Bay right out of Portland, Maine. There are so many things I want to tell you about this adventure, but I must start with this: I am so honored to have facilitated the union of these two people. No two people are more meant for each other. They have an easy sweetness and a very fun-loving spirit as a couple. AND I love their families! Ginny, Jen's grandmother, and Candy, her aunt, were interesting, genuine, and full of life. I had the best time!
Now, let me tell you about the FRANCES. Megan Jones, the young woman who owns the windjammer, built it. She didn't have it built, she actually built it! It took three people and a dog to build the ship over three years. The Frances is the largest, engineless, for-charter sailboat in Portland Maine and she's gorgeous. She's a replica of a cargo or fishing vessel from the 1800's and has that old-time feel. She's squat and sturdy and lovely.
- caterer| aurora provisions out-of-this world delicious
- band | cozmik zombies kick ass rockabilly
- photographer | alexandra roberts talented and super sweet
- reception venue | a room with a view portland company complex
- flowers | emily carter floral designs lovely combos and unique designs
All photos above were taken by me.