a maine wedding officiant
Many couples who hire me know that they want a meaningful, personalized ceremony but aren't sure how to make it happen. I have years of experience offering guidance and support throughout the whole wedding ceremony planning process from envisioning and outlining your ceremony, to writing your your vows, to managing your rehearsal and then performing your ceremony on wedding day. I work collaboratively with you to craft a totally original ceremony that reflects your love, your relationship, your family traditions and future dreams. The end result is a magical and personal!
My goals for our work together:
- Help guide you and your sweetie through envisioning and creating the entire ceremony (not just the "script")
- Manage the ceremony so you can relax and be totally present with each other on wedding day
- Be a calming influence in the midst of your wonderfully full wedding day
I promise I will not:
- Embarrass you by telling bad jokes or surprise you on wedding day (you always get a copy of the final ceremony before wedding day)
- Force you to use a tired, outdated and boring wedding ceremony script
- Restrict your creativity in any way (you have complete creative freedom when it comes to your Super Sweet Wedding Ceremony!)
More about me
Here's an interview I gave that explains more about my services and my style and another one I gave that talks about what makes me unique. You can also read 21 reasons why I'm awesome to work with. I believe in marriage equality and am delighted that same-sex marriages are now legal in the United States. I have already performed gay weddings and have insight on unique and beautiful wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples.
I am available for weddings all over Maine and am based out of Bath. Please contact me to set up a time to chat so we can get to know each other and see if we're a good fit.
Native New Englander. Former schoolteacher. Sought-after wedding officiant. Of all the labels that describe Maria Northcott, however, the one you’ll hear most often is “creator of community.” It’s not just weddings that are Maria’s passion — it’s the people at the heart of those weddings. Whether it’s couples planning their wedding or the professionals who serve them, Maria thrives on building relationships and making connections. In 2015, she quit her full-time job to free her heart and soul to do exactly that. Not only is Maria in demand as an officiant by couples across the country, but she's also the founder of the Maine Wedding Network, fostering a sense of collaboration and support among professional wedding vendors throughout Maine. Whether it’s by the woodstove in her midcoast cottage or at one of the many weddings she officiates each year, Maria exudes a warmth that draws people in, makes them feel comfortable, and sends them back into the world with a brighter spark in their eye.