happy september! september is one of the best months to get married in maine. here are a few reasons why you might want to get married in september in maine.
- many of the summer visitors (a.k.a. tourists) are gone so you can get reservations at restaurants again
- the weather during the day is usually gorgeous, although it can get chilly at night
- the bugs (a.k.a. mosquitos) are mostly gone
- the leaves are just starting to change towards the end of the month
- venues are more available, but you still need to book well in advance
according to the 2013 farmer's almanac, the best days to get married in september 2013 are 1-4, 7, 8, 18, 28-30.
according to almanac, the long range weather report for portland, maine says "september and october 2014 will be warmer than normal, with rainfall slightly above normal in the north and a bit below in the south." warmer than normal sounds pretty good to me!
so tell me, in what month are you getting married in maine?